- Provide opportunities for students to connect with and learn from accomplished mentors and similarly situated peers
- Refer students to professionals, offices, agencies, and community resources
- Give volunteer support for students’ emergency personal and academic issues at anytime of day or night
- Offer students internship placement and career counseling in a variety of professional fields
- Job Search Strategy. Develop a professional resume and LinkedIn profile and prepare for and succeed in the interview process.
- Critical Thinking & Creativity: The ability to problem solve, synthesize information, think independently and anticipate new challenges.
- Proactivity & Resilience: Taking the initiative to seek out and act on opportunities, demonstrate resourcefulness, and be solution oriented.
- Interpersonal Skills: Treating others with empathy and respect, building relationships and creating a sense of belonging & shared purpose.
- Collaboration: The ability to work with people from different backgrounds, skill sets and viewpoints, and leverage those differences towards achieving common goals.
- Communication: The ability to connect and share ideas with others in ways that are engaging, persuasive, and effective, and mobilizes people and resources.
- Time, Stress, & Resource Management: The self accountability needed to work independently, know how to handle pressure and meet deadlines, and deal with change and uncertainty.
- Life Skills: Support with budgeting, transportation, housing, and life-transitions.
- Through partnerships with community organizations serving socio-economically disadvantaged youth, our students serve as mentors and role models to middle and high school students. Our civic engagement activities instill a passion for servant leadership and develops critical professional and life skills in our students.
- Students who participate in our programming receive financial assistance with academic and living essentials.
- Rent subsidy
- School supplies
- Personal hygiene products
- Living essentials (e.g., linens, cleaning products, dishes)
- Gift Cards
- RideShare (e.g, Uber, Lift)
- Hair Salons